Money to Help You Keep a Job
Starting a new job and have some expenses that may end it before it begins? Have a job but your car just broke down?
Then a Job Access Loan (JAL) could be just what you need. You may qualify for a JAL if:
- You’re employed or have a verifiable job offer
- You need the loan to get or keep your job
- You are eligible for Wisconsin Works, including legal custody of minor children living with you
- You meet other financial and non-financial criteria specific to your reason for requesting the loan
What a JAL Can Help with
Job Access Loans (JALs) are short-term, no-interest loans up to $1600. They are intended to help you pay for things related to getting or keeping a job. They can be used for things like:
- Vehicle repairs
- Down payments for a car
- Driver’s License Fees
- Work clothing or uniforms
Under some circumstances, JALs may be used for housing or paying fines. The expense must be approved before you can receive the loan.
How to Apply
You can apply for a JAL in person at any office.
Where we offer Job Access Loan (JAL)
- Fond du Lac
- Green Lake
Apply at any W-2 office.