Participation in Upward Bound is a privilege and a commitment. If I am accepted into the UB program, I understand that participation requires:
1. Participate fully in the academic year program.
- Attend weekly meetings with your UB instructor.
- Meet with UB staff when conferences are scheduled.
- Attend all group meetings and required events.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the program.
- Maintain respect for yourself, staff, and other students.
- Participate in required standardized academic testing and try to earn the highest score you are capable of.
- Maintain attendance and demonstrate effort in improvement of your grades at school.
- Enroll in postsecondary preparatory curriculum in your high school (postsecondary preparatory courses are those classes which will facilitate and enable students to attend a four-year college or university).
- Provide postsecondary enrollment information to UB staff as needed for our Department of Education mandated Annual Performance Report for up to 5 years following high school graduation.
2. Maintain my enrollment in the program until I graduate from high school.