The Salvation Army of Greater Green Bay’s Tools for Schools program serves children in Brown County who are entering 5 year old Kindergarten through 12th grade.
This year, the registration for Tools for School will be an online process. The registration link will be on the Salvation Army’s website beginning July 11 through July 29. They have a very limited number (700) of backpacks and school supplies so if capacity is reached prior to July 29 the registration will close early.
Follow these steps to register:
- Go to www.sagreenbay.org
- Click on the box that says “Help Kids Succeed”.
- Scroll down to the link to register your children.
- The link is available in English or Spanish.
- You will need an email address to complete the application so be sure you have your email address available.
- Register ONLY your school age children. Do not register children ages 0 to 4.
- The form requires you to answer each question before going to the next one, so you cannot miss any information.
- At the end, you will need to upload the photo ID of the adult who completed the form.
- Once you submit your application, the system will immediately provide you a confirmation email which will give you the information for the distribution day in August and will provide you a copy of your registration form. You MUST keep this email as you will need to provide it in August. The email will be from Reg Fox.
If you need assistance in completing the application, there will be a “help day” at The Salvation Army, 626 Union Court on Tuesday July 12 from 9 am to 10:30 am. Staff will be available in the gym to help you complete the form on your phone. Enter on the Union Court side of the building by the flagpole.
Distribution will be Monday, August 8th. You must have your photo ID and the confirmation email to pick up school supplies. There will be no walk-in registration.
If you have questions, please call 497-7053.