Forward Service Corporation is excited to announce the launch of a new program called TEMP, funded by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families. A pilot program, it will provide additional training and supported employment opportunities for custodial and noncustodial parents in a number of communities across the state. Marcia Christiansen, CEO, said “TEMP demonstrates the support Wisconsin Works provides all types of families and is about strengthening both parents so they can raise happy, healthy children.”
TEMP services vary according to community, but provide support, instruction, and the opportunity to get started on careers by offering up to six months’ wage subsidy to participating employers to cover some of the training costs. TEMP is being offered in the following areas:
- In Marathon County TEMP program works with noncustodial parents who share a child with a custodial parent enrolled in Wisconsin Works or receiving a state child care subsidy.
- In Beloit, TEMP helps custodial parents enrolled in Wisconsin Works for the last year.
- In Dane County, TEMP works with both custodial and noncustodial parents with a child in common.
“TEMP is also a great innovation for employers,” Ms. Christiansen added. “With more jobs staying open because of difficulty finding qualified candidates, this is a way companies can train people just the way they want and get a subsidy from the State of Wisconsin. TEMP can pay employers up to $7.25/hour for up to six months. Employers can close the skills gap and get quality workers to join their team.
Interested employers can contact us at:
- Marathon County: (715) 261-8700
- Rock County: (608) 750-1571
- Dane County: (608) 216-7610 or 216-7602